IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective October 14, 2015, the fee for verification of licensure will increase. Click here for additional information and new fee schedule.
Verification of Licensure (Endorsement to Another State or Country)
If you are a California RN seeking licensure in another state or country which requires verification from the Board, see the instructions below:
- Contact the nursing board in the state or country in which you intend to apply for licensure and request that they mail you the appropriate application packet. Please refer to National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) for a directory of State Boards of Nursing. Use your browser's "back" button to return to this page.
- Review the application requirements to be sure that you are eligible for licensure in that state.
- The application packet should contain a Verification of Licensure form. Complete the personal information on the Verification of Licensure form, including your California RN license number. If the state or country you are endorsing to does not have a form, please write a personal letter detailing your request. Include your name, California RN number, and a contact phone number. If you were licensed under a different name, please be sure to indicate your previous name(s).
- Attach a check or money order in the amount of $60.00 made payable to "BRN" and mail the Verification of Licensure form and fee to:
California Board of Registered Nursing
Attn: Renewals Unit
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
- Follow up with the other board of nursing within 3 months to ensure that they have received the verification. Our office will only re-mail a lost verification within 3 months of the original mailing date.
NOTE: The completed Verification of Licensure form is mailed directly to the board of nursing and is not returned to the requestor. Please refer to Processing Times for current timeframes.