- Job Opportunity for Nursing Education Consultant
- Practice Information
- Renew Online
- BreEZe License Verification
- Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Join Our Email List
- Obtain a List of Licensees
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
ATTENTION RENEWAL APPLICANTS: Please read the instructions carefully when completing your Renewal Notice as the format has recently changed. ALL questions must be answered by checking the appropriate boxes. If we receive an incomplete Renewal Notice, your payment will be processed but your license will NOT be renewed.
We are experiencing delays in processing applications. Currently, we are working on applications for which payment was posted in January. Please contact us ONLY if your payment posted prior to January 1, 2014 and you still have not received any response from the Board.
Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) numbers cannot be renewed online at this time. We are currently working on this issue and hope to have this service available soon. We will update our website as more information becomes available.
Pursuant to Business & Professions Code Secton 208, beginning April 1, 2014, a fee of $6 shall be assessed annually ($12 per renewal period) on Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) and Nurse Midwife Furnishing (NMF) licensees to pay for reasonable costs associated with the operating and maintaining of CURES,
We are no longer issuing Temporary Licenses at the Board's front counter.
The Board of Registered Nursing regulates the practice of registered nursing and certified advanced practice nurses in order to protect the public. The Board exists to protect the health and safety of consumers and promote quality registered nursing care in California.
- Letter to RN Employers - Licensing Delays for RN Applicants
- 2012-2013 Statewide Pre-Licensure Nursing Program Annual School Reports
- Winter 2013 BRN Report now available!
- Authorizations for out-of-state licensed registered nurses who wish to participate in approved sponsored free health care events are now available on-line.
- 2014 NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program application cycle is now open until February 27, 2014.
- Revised Survey of Registered Nurses in California 2012 Report, PowerPoint Presentation, Errata, and Data Summaries
- 2013 Update of Diversity of RN Workforce in California Report and PowerPoint Presentation
- BreEZe is here! The Department of Consumer Affairs' new online licensing and enforcement system is now available for use.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing’s (NCSBN) NCLEX Program Transitioning to a Paperless Program in the First Quarter of 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Kings County Area Registered Nurse's License Suspended - September 10, 2013
- PRESS RELEASE: Los Angeles Area Registered Nurse's License Suspended - August 27, 2013
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Financial Assistance