- Job Opportunity for Nursing Education Consultant
- Practice Information
- Renew Online
- BreEZe License Verification
- Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Join Our Email List
- Obtain a List of Licensees
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
Due to the implementation of the BreEZe system, the processing of applications is taking longer than normal. We're sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.
Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) numbers cannot be renewed online at this time. We are currently working on the issue and will update our website as more information becomes available.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2013: Due to the implementation of the BreEZe system, the Board of Registered Nursing will no longer be able to issue a Temporary License at the Board’s front counter.
The Board of Registered Nursing regulates the practice of registered nursing and certified advanced practice nurses in order to protect the public. The Board exists to protect the health and safety of consumers and promote quality registered nursing care in California.
- Revised Survey of Registered Nurses in California 2012 Report, PowerPoint Presentation, Errata, and Data Summaries
- 2013 Update of Diversity of RN Workforce in California Report and PowerPoint Presentation
- BreEZe is here! The Department of Consumer Affairs' new online licensing and enforcement system is now available for use.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing’s (NCSBN) NCLEX Program Transitioning to a Paperless Program in the First Quarter of 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Kings County Area Registered Nurse's License Suspended - September 10, 2013
- PRESS RELEASE: Los Angeles Area Registered Nurse's License Suspended - August 27, 2013
- PRESS RELEASE: Los Angeles Area Registered Nurse's License Suspended - July 16, 2013
- Major changes to Nursing Practice Act, Sections 2725.1 and 2725.2, Effective January 1, 2013
- PRESS RELEASE: State and Federal Investigators Crack Nursing Transcipt Forgery Ring - May 27, 2013
- Authorizations for out-of-state licensed registered nurses who wish to participate in approved sponsored free health care events are now available on-line.(Application)
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Financial Assistance