Verification of Licensure (Endorsement to Another State or Country)
If you are a California RN seeking licensure in another state or country requiring verification of your California RN license, please follow the instructions below:
- Obtain a copy of the appropriate application packet from the nursing board in the state or country in which you intend to apply for licensure. Please refer to National Council of State Boards of Nursing's Contact a U.S. Member page for a directory of all state nursing boards.
- Review the application requirements to be sure that you are eligible for licensure in that state/country.
- If the application packet includes a form to request verification of licensure, complete your personal information, including your California RN license number. Otherwise, please write a letter detailing your request. Include your name, California RN license number, and a contact phone number. If you were licensed under a different name, please be sure to indicate your previous name(s).
NOTE: The California Board does not participate in Nursys® license verification.
- Attach a check or money order in the amount of $100.00 made payable to "BRN" and mail to:
California Board of Registered Nursing
Attn: Renewals Unit
PO Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
- Follow up with the other nursing board within three months to ensure they have received the verification. The Board will only re-mail a lost verification within three months of the original mailing date.
NOTE: The completed verification form is mailed directly to the nursing board and is not returned to the requester. Please refer to our Processing Time page for current timeframes.