Get a Nursing License
Tell me how to become a:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
RNs go to college for 2-4 years and independently perform a wide range of complex health care in many types of settings. Qualified RNs may overlap the practice of medicine and perform more advanced activities as in the case of nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, or nurse anesthetists.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
LVNs go to school for about one year and typically perform tasks under the supervision of the RN. Although the activities of the LVN are not as complex as those of the RN, they provide clinical care that has a direct impact on the patient's return to health.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Select the item below that describes your situation:
- New RNs - I have never been an RN and I would like to consider becoming one.
- Out-of-state RNs - I am an RN in another state and I would like to be a California RN.
- International RNs - I am an RN from another country and I would like to be licensed in California.
- Former RNs - I was an RN in California, but my license expired or is inactive.